Duelist Academia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A casual Yu-Gi-Oh RPG board

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Student Orientation! A Tour Guide of Campus?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

Student Orientation! A Tour Guide of Campus? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student Orientation! A Tour Guide of Campus?   Student Orientation! A Tour Guide of Campus? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:43 pm

Without fail, every single student was given and registered to a duel disc of the exact color they wanted down to the specific hue as if this school put no brakes on accommodating students to be as individualized as they wanted. Once they got their gear and outfitted themselves, they were told to drop off their belongings in their rooms and meet everyone out front.

Once everyone had gathered outside the dorm, Tori stood in front smiling with hands on her hips.

"Now I know you're already excited to get started but there are a few rules you all gotta know," Tori stated. "First off, students must always act appropriately. While you where our uniform you are representing out school. As such, you must abstain from any activities that will bring shame to Neo Duel Academy. Secondly, students are free to exit the grounds and explore the city areas during their free time and weekends. Just make sure you register when the guy at the main gate before you leave the ground. Be mindful that students are also expected to meet a standard curfew. You will get in loads of trouble if you're not in the dorms by midnight. Lastly, you will always show respect to your fellow student regardless of their race, background, or anything else. Respecting your fellow duelist is integral to the game. Don't you dare forget that!"

With that, Tori beamed and spun on her heel. "Now for the last part of the tour! Everyone must attend an opening ceremony in the auditorium and listen to a speech given by the student counsel president. Afterwards, we all get to take part in a welcome dinner where you can mingle with your fellow students. So let's go everyone!"

~~~~

The auditorium was practically a concert hall based on just how large it was not to mention the scale of the stage itself. The first year students combined only took up about a quarter of the seats. The hall must've been designed to house the entirety of the student body.

Up on the stage, patiently waiting were a number of esteemed-looking people, including Professor Amon. Some may recognize pro duelists up there. They must have been some of the professors of the academy. While the students were patiently waiting for the speech to start, they began chatting amongst themselves.

I can't believe Eliza Scarlett is a professor here! Do you think we can get autographs??

I can't wait to show these pros what I got!

Wasn't that bald guy one of the test proctors?

If the student counsel president is giving a speech, what about the headmaster?

I heard the headmaster is the real World Champion.

Shhh, it's starting.

The auditorium that was filled with chattering became abruptly silent as someone walked in from stage left. Each step was graceful and dignified, their eyes forward and focused. The person showed the poise and aura of royalty. They wore a uniform like Tori and Torumi, but instead of the blue, red, and yellow colors, their uniform was a shining hue of white. Their green hair was silky and gentle like winds but their blue eyes were sharp and striking and lightning. They walked up to the podium and turned to face the crowd of freshmen.

"Hello," they said with a stern, commanding voice, "I am your student counsel president. My name is..."

Class President-sama:

"Many of you may know me as heiress to the Kaiba Corporation," Ryoko stated, "But I want to make one thing clear. I do not use my family's company or fortune towards my benefit here. I have reached my seat and status at this academy with my own power and ability as should all of you. To some, Duel Monsters is a simple hobby, but to those of us who have pursued the ranks of this academy, it is more than that. Few people are capable of reaching the level of pros, even fewer are able to meet the success to make this into your sole career. So if you pursue victory and success, use all your strength and all your will to achieve it. Here at Neo Duel Academy, Duel Monsters is a passion and a lifestyle. There will be tough times ahead, but you must remember to never give up and never give in. This is what should be engraved upon you for the next four years of your academic career..."

The president's speech went on like that for some time. It was a mixture of both encouraging and berating.  Her tone was commanding and respectful, her demeanor professional and stoic. Her speech absorbed everyone's attention till the very end.

"... And so I conclude with one final statement," Ryoko stated. "...Welcome to Neo Duel Academy. Thank you."

The class president bowed and left, exiting the stage as she recieved applause from both students and the professors.

~~~~

The welcome dinner had lots of delicious party foods and was entertained by a live classical group. The students got to meet and greet until the end of the hour before returning to the dormitory.

Each dormroom had two long beds, two desks, and closet space. It was simple but accommodating enough. In each closet was a full uniform just the exact size for the student. Just before the students got comfortable in their new dormrooms, their D.D.D's made an alert sound and lit up, indicating a message being received.

The Message wrote:

Hello New Student,

Welcome to Neo Duel Academy! We hope you find your new living situation acceptable for your academic experience. As part of orientation, there is one last 'optional' event for all new students. While optional, it is encouraged that you show up as this may affect the rest of your school year. If you wish to be a real duelist and earn the respect of your peers, we encourage you show up to the location on the attached map below at 22:00. We hope to see you there. Have a nice day!

It seems there was one last event for student orientation, but it was optional. Still, it seemed important for anyone with pride as a duelist to attend. So who will go?
Back to top Go down
https://duelist-academia.forumotion.com
Sunnivale

Sunnivale

PostSubject: Re: Student Orientation! A Tour Guide of Campus?   Student Orientation! A Tour Guide of Campus? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:27 pm

"Have you?" Yuriko snapped back to Akiha when she made fun of Shiki. But in the process she almost dropped her new D.D.D causing her to gasp.

"Whoops, that would of been a disaster if I dropped it. I could of broken it and caused the relationship with my peers to sour a little bit by requesting for a new one." Yuriko laughed nervously.

She stood quiet in the crowd as Tori explained the rules, which was simple.

But then Yuriko almost sighed loudly when Tori said that they had to go to a start of the semester assembly. "Ughh, this tour will never end." Yuriko thought to herself as she looked at her new friends, mainly at Otohiko, Shiki... And Akiha.

"I'll see you three when we get back to the assembly." Yuriko waved goodbye as she left to attend the assembly.
--
Sometime later, Yuriko made it back to the dorm and went to check out her room. She was amazed, especially with the two beds. "Ohh, this bed is longer then the one at my old house." Yuriko sat on the bed, before wondering something.

"I wonder who my roomate---But before she could finish, her D.D.D briefly buzzed. Curious she went to check and discovered why it buzzed.

"Huh, something's happening later at 10PM. It's probably a duel!" Yuriko squeed in excitement over the thought that there might be a duel happening later tonight. She quickly checked to see if her dragon deck was nearby so she can take it with it to the event at ten.

The door to her new dorm room is wide open also, having left it like that as she lied on her new bed.
Back to top Go down
Dormouse

PostSubject: Re: Student Orientation! A Tour Guide of Campus?   Student Orientation! A Tour Guide of Campus? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:00 am

Things eventually started moving along as everyone was ushered into the student auditorium. Akiha was too busy admiring her new device to be anywhere near interested in listening to the announcements. However, she did note that a few key duelists were actually here.

Oooh...I didn't think there'd be so many big figures on campus on our first day! This is so coooool! she gushed to herself.

"..."

Akiha flinched as she realized Shiki sitting next to her. For once, Akiha managed to cover her mouth and suppress a scream. Her eyes narrowed. This girl wasn't good news for her--aside from her ghostly appearance and INAPPROPRIATE habit of staring,, the girl just gave her really weird vibes.

She looks like the kind of person that would just turn transparent and vanish into thin air... she thought. Gotta keep note of just staying awaaaay from whatever dorm room she'd pick.

Shiki for once wasn't observing any of Akiha's actions. She took the time to glance at Yuriko and Murasaki, both of whom were seated jus ta small distance from her. Her eyes eventually came to the stage when the class president arrived.

For what seemed like the first time, a light blush spread across Shiki's face as the person spoke. There was just something alluring about the person in front of them. Long green hair, deep blue eyes with a sharp upward tilt at the edges, a calm but self-assured voice that just radiated confidence...

"...she's amazing..." she murmured to herself.

When everything finished, it was time for picking rooms. Shiki was, to say the least, distracted, as she started scanning around for the green-haired student from earlier. She wasn't aware of this action herself as by the time she'd try to reach Yuriko and propose being roommates, Akiha rushed to the room and peered in.

"Heyyoulooknormalletsberoomiesyoudont'mindright?Okay!Yey!"

Her questions came out in rapid fire and she quickly got on the new bed and tried to dishevel it as much as possible to show that yes, this was taken, and she wouldn't be forced to room with anyone who'd randomly stare at her or come up from behind her. Yuriko seemed normal. Right? RIGHT?

Akiha then turned to her side to look at Yuriko.

"Haa...I'm beat. Today was pretty long huh? Mmm...what's your name again?"

Looking around, Shiki noticed that people were taking up rooms and fast. She tried to scan the area and her eyes came on Murasaki. Shaking her runes and tossing them, she'd approach and propose being roommates. The fates said it would be good, plus their ironic name similarities was amusing to her.

[color=#b6fadc]"Do I really need to tell you to stop staring
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Student Orientation! A Tour Guide of Campus?   Student Orientation! A Tour Guide of Campus? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Student Orientation! A Tour Guide of Campus?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2