HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Empty
PostSubject: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:37 pm

Like a steady flow of traffic, kids walk up and down the stairwell from the bystander seats to the area below and along the corridor that seems to circle the stadium. The people that walked along had a mix of different expressions from fear, sadness, excitement, and pride. Not necessarily in equal degrees. As an entrant circled the wide hall, they'd pass by numbered gates until they come across the one marked on their ticket. Through it, a lady in a stewards uniform would be waiting with a poised and professional posture.

"Welcome. Please come this way this," the assistant would say. "Allow me to see your deck, please."

After receiving the deck, the woman would place the cards on a pedestal where a red light seemed to wash over it three times.

"Very good. Your deck meets basic standards. Please hold out your left arm."

Upon complying, the assistant pulls out a device.

GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial 157br77

It appeared to be one of the older models. Despite being used for years for these exams, the device looked polished and well-tuned. The assistant placed it on the entrant's arm and spent a minute adjusting the fit until the metal brace fit snuggly around the forearm. It kept in place and held tight but wasn't uncomfortable. The entrant's deck was placed in the duel disc and they would be guided towards a pair of doors that opened on their own, letting in bright vibrant lights as they were led into an open field.

~~~~~

Across the other side was another generic-looking proctor with short brown hair and wearing a suit. When Maeda approach, he looked up from his clipboard and called out "Murasaki Maeda?"

The test proctor set his clipboard down and stepped up. "I will be administering your practical exam. You will be tested on basic dueling ability and more. Please perform to the best of your ability. We will begin now."

Maeda's disc lit up automatically and both sides had life point counters displayed holographically at 4000 each.

"I will begin," the proctor stated. "Draw."

The proctor scratched his chin and mulled it over for a second.

"Alright. I'll test your ability to perform under pressure," he stated. "I used the spell card Polymerization!"

The space behind the proctor warped and shifted like a whirlpool.

"I send Ancient Gear Golem, Ancient Gear Golem-Ultimate Pound, and Ancient Gear Gadget to the grave!"

Sliding the three cards from his hand into the graveyard slot, three beams shot into the warping space and a brilliant light appeared.

"With three Ancient Gear Monsters, I can fusion summon a war machine from an age long forgotten!" the proctor exclaimed, raising his arm high. "I fusion summon! Megaton Ancient Gear Golem!"

GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Megaton_ancient_gear_golem_by_yugi_master-dbtoytw

A massive monster emerged from the warp in space and stomped onto the field. It towered over everything and glared with a single glowing red eye.

"Since I used two different Ancient Gear Golems to summon it, my monster will be able to attack twice," the proctor explained. If you don't get rid of my golem or defend properly, next turn is going to be dangerous. For now, I will end.

The test proctor only summoned a single monster, but it was intimidating off the bat regardless. Now it was Maeda's turn. For her starting hand, she had--

Maeda's Hand:

All Maeda needed to do was draw her first card. With her first card, she got--

Maeda' draw:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://duelist-academia.forumotion.com
Yes

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:30 pm

Murasaki broke off a bit earlier from the rest of the other girls. She milled about the arena, casually spectating individual matches, both the successes and the failures, silently celebrating the winners and cheering for the poor people in a pinch. As important as it was for a player to understand the theory of Duel Monsters, this was what they were here for.

And despite the outcome of the match, it was still an honor to duel in this giant arena. Not that Murasaki had any plans on losing!

When it was finally time for her match, she giddily approached the gates, pulling her deck from a silk-lined holster she wore at her belt and handing it to the stewardess. As the stewardess screened her deck, Murasaki's eyes were drawn to that icon of Duel Monsters... She had always wanted to try out a Duel Disk, and there was no better way to start than with the classics.

Murasaki beamed as she put the Duel Disk on and waved it around a little after it was secure, getting acclimated to the weight and balance of it. And as her deck clicked into place, Murasaki couldn't help but think about how much she looked like a real duelist now.

She strode out confidently, greeting the proctor with a bow. He seemed a little forgettable, but he looked savvy.

"I'm Murasaki Maeda. Thank you for the match!"

Murasaki grinned as her Duel Disk whirred to life, trilling as it set the life point count to 4000. The proctor had an enormous monster that floated out an even stronger monster with piercing damage if it was destroyed. It was game time.

"Draw!"

Murasaki glanced at her hand, then considered the Megaton Golem again. She had... pieces of a puzzle, but nothing that could answer his Fusion Monster outright, at least, not without her losing to a nasty Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem the next turn. In order to triumph over this monster, she would need to meet it head-on with an attack, and at least tie with it.

"...I'll set a monster and end my turn."

Murasaki set Dandylion. She would have liked to throw it down with One for One instead, but without a clear line to her strongest cards, she couldn't afford to waste resources.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:25 am

"Very well. Draw!"

The proctor looked at what remained of his hand thoughtfully. It usually wasn't smart to use up most of the cards in your hand on the first turn, but he had a threatening monster with plenty of field presence. If he had another monster among the three remaining cards in his hand, Murasaki could be in trouble...

"... I attack with Megaton Ancient Gear Golem!" the proctor stated. The giant monster threw down its fists. Dandylion briefly appeared right before the attack landed and it disappeared under a flurry of punches. When Megaton pulled back and the dust cleared, two cotton balls had taken Danylion's place.

"Ah, appropriate defense," the proctor nodded. "You'd be able to defend against my golem's second attack and still have a defending monster. Speaking of!"

The proctor directed forward with a gesture of his hand and Megaton followed suit, swing downward with a single clawed hand and effectively smashed the Fluff Token.

"I end my turn for now," the proctor stated. "Let's see what you can manage."

At the start of Murasaki's turn, her duel disc prompted her to draw a new card. And it was--

Dura:

Murasaki had only a fluff token on the field and it was staring against a giant mechanical war machine with a nasty effect. How will she respond here?
Back to top Go down
Yes

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:09 am

"Geez! You didn't have to crush him that hard, big guy! But you'll be on the chopping block next, if I can help it!"

Murasaki glared at the mechanical monstrosity that crushed the Fluff Token. Really, she couldn't avoid dealing with it for many turns. She didn't have an effective way to stonewall things repeatedly, especially if the proctor had another follow-up.

"I draw!"

She looked at her card and her field, then glanced over to the other side of the field, to groaning gears and shrieking metal. She gave the proctor a fierce smile.

"I hope there's points for displaying something super cool. I'll introduce what my deck can do. First! I activate Super Solar Nutrient! It lets me tribute a Level 2 or lower Plant and summon one that's up to two levels higher! So by tributing my Fluff Token,"  she played the card, causing the token to catch flame, "I can summon one Level 3 Plant Monster from my deck. And I choose Lonefire Blossom!"

The flare leaped and exploded into fireworks. From the multicolored embers on the ground, a single bloom spiraled out. Its flower was closed and a lit fuse slowly sizzled down.

"And my Blossom can tribute a Plant on the field... Here, itself! Which lets me Special Summon a monster from my Deck. I choose Gigaplant!"

The fuse burnt out. In a luminous burst, a large fire flower bloomed, incandescent petals of light shooting out as the bulb of the flower unraveled and the plant grew to become a formidable venus flytrap.

"The thing about Gemini Monsters is that they don't come in full bloom. I Normal Summon Gigaplant again, granting it a Gemini Effect!"

As Murasaki declared her move, the plant set down roots, grinning as its green head turned red. Monstrous blue eyes opened up.

GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Gigaplant-TF04-JP-VG

"Pretty scary, huh? Well your giant robot will be shivering when he sees Gigaplant's effect! Gigaplant can summon an Insect or Plant monster from the hand or grave. And I choose to bring back my Lonefire Blossom! And while I'm at it, I'll have another friend join it! I activate One for One, discarding my Sylvan Lotuswain, to bring Rose Lover to the field!"

GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial RoseLover-DULI-EN-VG-NC

As the Lonefire Blossom bloomed again, a lithe woman bloomed from the base of the Gigaplant. She gave an elegant smile and curtsied before she began a slow dance. Murasaki grinned.

"Try to keep up, coach! I'm using Lonefire Blossom's effect again, this time to tribute... Rose Lover!"

Rose Lover pirouetted, her dress forming petals and scattering away into flame as another firework arced from her. The pop was accompanied by the bloom of a sunflower.

"O joyous flower whose name is happiness, whose petals are rays of summer sun, dazzle us with your boundless radiance. Mariña, Princess of Sunflowers!"

GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Tumblr10

The sunflower twirled as it elongated, taking the shape of a fire-eyed woman, elegant, but energetic, grinning and radiant, foremost among a field of growing flowers.

"And now to round out the cast, I'll banish Rose Lover's effect to bring one more gorgeous princess to the stage."

"O noble flower, whose name is perfection and passion, whose bloom colors the snowy winter, show us the strength in your elegant beauty! Tytannial, Princess of Camellias!"

An arc of red camellias wove together from vine and rising from a snowy floor, a flower, and again a woman. She wore her tiara well and her purple eyes were confident and regal. She folded her arms and smiled, regarding the Megaton Golem.

GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial TytannialPrincessofCamellias-TF04-JP-VG

Murasaki gestured to her field. Lonefire Blossom. Gigaplant. Marina, Princess of Sunflowers. Tytannial, Princess of Camellias. She grinned.

"Nature endures from summer to winter! It is ever beautiful and ever strong. I'll move to my Battle Phase. I attack your Megaton Golem with my Lonefire Blossom!"

The fuse ignited again, causing the blossom to explode, sending an arc of flame ineffectually at the golem.

"I take a huge life point hit from that, but it's well worth it. Marina's effect activates!"

The sunflower princess captured some of the residual flame and cradled the embers in her hand. She looked down with a tender look of pity and breathed on them to stoke the flames. After a few breaths, she stretched her fingers out, blowing once more to release the flame. Petals of golden fire scattered around the golem, catching flame.

"When one of my Plant monsters is destroyed, Marina will avenge them by destroying one of your cards! I target your Ancient Gear Megaton Golem!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:18 pm

The petals exploded and Megaton Ancient Gear Golem let out a creaking howl as it was enveloped inclouds of smoke. Cracks had fractured along its shell. It wobbled in creaked, slumping slightly, then suddenly it stood up and raised a pair of arms, letting out an angry roar. Its armor started to shatter, falling in pieces off. As it fragment hit the ground, it dispersed into dust. After shedding off near half its own weight, what was left standing was an unhinged monster.

GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial 630ab4c74b5f224700f31c260389758ba56a2011_600

"When Megaton Ancient Gear Golem is destroyed, it unleashes Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem onto the battlefield!" the proctor explained loudly. The new monster let out a rusty growl, its ATK displaying 4400.

Murasaki's suicide attack resulted in her taking a 2800 hit to her life points, leaving her only 1200. Even if she threw her strongest monster at it to use Sunflower's effect again, she wasn't gonna survive the hit.

"Good move, but you should've sacrifice one of your stronger monsters. You're a few points short of trying that a second time."
Back to top Go down
Yes

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:43 am

"Well, if I had sacrificed one of my stronger monsters and rammed again, you'd bring out another Golem once this one gets destroyed, and that would have left me a goner. This way though..." Murasaki gave a roguish grin. "I'll get to show off another one of my friends. I move into my Main Phase 2."

Murasaki glanced at Marina and Tytannial. She trusted in her cards, and she saw a clear through-line for a winning strategy. Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem was a formidable opponent, but with these two princesses, she had a way to get rid of it without triggering another floating effect.

"I use Marina, Princess of Sunflowers, and Tytannial, Princess of Camellias to build the Overlay Network!"

The two princesses burst into a swirling storm of petals, red and yellow, pulled into an open void in space. A rumble broke out as a gout of light broke out from the vortex. A silhouette formed.

"Stalwart guardian of the forest, sacred white tiger of the west borne from twin flowers of happiness and perfection. I call now upon your strength and boundless wisdom to bring balance to imbalance, to defend our sacred grove! XYZ Summon! Rank 8! Come forth, Alsei, the Sylvan High Protector!"

From the maelstrom of colors, huge branches emerged, rising slowly to the beat of slow, heavy thuds. A white tiger with sage eyes began to plod ponderously out, clad in branches and leaves that shook with each heavy step. When all four feet touched ground, it raised its proud head, standing taller than the Golem. The tiger roared as it took a wide stance, ancient eyes staring down the mechanical monstrosity.

"And I'll summon my tiger in Defense mode. But don't be fooled. Your Golem won't be safe from Alsei's special ability, which I activate now. I'll call one card, then excavate the card. If I call it right, I draw it. If I don't I send it to the grave. And if I send a card to the grave from my deck with an effect, I can target one of your cards and send it to the top or bottom of your deck. My choice."

Murasaki grinned as she prepared to reveal a card.

"And since I can call out any card name I like... I declare Monster Reborn!"

Murasaki revealed the card.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:51 pm

The duel disc blinked as it registered the statement, releasing the top card. As Murasaki revealed it, it was none other than...

top deck:

Back to top Go down
Yes

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:44 am

Murasaki grinned. "Obviously, I was wrong. The card is sent to the graveyard, which kicks off Alsei's effect! I target one of your cards and send it back into your deck. Guess this means your Golem's exiting stage left!"

Alsei roared, causing vines to burst from around the golem, dragging it into the ground.

"And since it's not destroyed, I don't have to deal with your Golem's nasty effect! Alsei's in defense position, so I have nothing left to do. Back to you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:04 am

"Hmmm..." the proctor hummed thoughtfully. "Very well. I'll draw."

The proctor looked at their new card briefly before placing it in their hand and reaching for a different card.

"I summon Ancient Gear Knight."

A mid-sized monster appeared, mechanical and stone-colored, carrying a shield and lance.

"Then I set a card and end my turn," the proctor stated.

Maeda's next draw: Spore

Back to top Go down
Yes

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:43 am

"...A face-down card, huh? Then, I'll do this! Alsei, one more time! I declare a card! Draw or drop? Let's see what the fates hold." Murasaki grinned. "This time, I declare the card Miracle Fertilizer!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:40 pm

*Foolish Burial
Back to top Go down
Yes

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:20 pm

"Well, worth a shot. I'm going to go ahead and kick off Alsei's effect, detaching the last material to return your face-down card to the deck!" Murasaki pointed at the holographic card and grinned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:47 am

The proctor smirked and moved their facedown back to the deck, allowing it to be reshuffled.

"Alright then. Let's see what you got, freshman," the proctor goaded on, making a 'come on' motion with their free hand.
Back to top Go down
Yes

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:51 am

Murasaki's mind was running a mile a minute. The moment the card was shuffled into the deck without triggering, she had already considered all her options. She was facing down a board with a Gemini Monster that did not have its effect and 1800 ATK. Things clicked into place. If things went well, she could win her way.

"Oh, I'll tell you what I got. I got style." Murasaki grinned as she snapped her fingers. Gigaplant roared. "I'll use the effect of my Gigaplant to bring back Lonefire Blossom. And I'll tribute Lonefire Blossom through its effect and summon a monster from my deck!"

A flare whistled from Gigaplant's roots with an orange-red blast, but this time, when the flare burst into a red-yellow array, the trail of light it left began to swell outwards, individual tongues of flames stretching out horizontally to become branches, the bloom of the fireworks swelling out into a crown of red and orange leaves. The branches began to draw in as the tree shrunk, trunk shrinking, leaves falling rapidly, all forming dress, arms, tiara, headdress.

"O she who presides over the golden gingko, the crimson maple, the song and scents and sights of autumn. As the air grows colder, your fiery colors race in the wind and flicker in the waning sunlight. Your sunset colors are a reminder that nature is strong, waiting for the day that the sun shines again. Dance for us now! Chirubime, Princess of Autumn Leaves!"

GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Screen10

Another princess appeared, from a dress of red maple leaves, twirling to a stop mid-dance, stretching her hands out and fanning her fingers, gesturing to the mechanical soldier before her. Her red eyes contained a reserved strength.

"I move into my Battle Phase! Chirubime attacks! Both our monsters have equal attacks so they are both destroyed!"

As Chirubime resumed her twirling dance, trees grew around the area, spreading golden and orange leaves. She paused again as the trees grew to full height and held her hands aloft, as if calling for a pause. The trees stopped swaying, leaves and falling fruit paused in mid-air. With a conductor's grace, she gestured, one-two-three-and-four. On the final beat, everything went into motion. A deluge of yellow and orange and red crashed into the metallic soldier. It disappeared in a spray of leaves an gears. When the leaves settled on the dueling field, the trees were barren and Chirubime was gone.

Murasaki played a monster on her deck and grinned.

"Chirubime's effect lets me summon another monster... But this time, I'll hold off on introductions. For now, Gigaplant, attack!"

Huge vines lashed out as the fly-trap monster lurched forward, dealing 2400 points of damage. The damage counter trilled as the number decreased. As the whips retracted, the trees began change shape from maple and gingko. Bark changed and branches shifted outward. The trees bloomed. A wash of gentle pink took over the field.

Murasaki faced the field with rare solemnity as she began her summon chant.

"Summer's radiant sunflowers set when the autumn maple flares. The last embers of autumn's flames flicker into winter's white. The leaves that fall nourish the land. Nature is patient. Nature is wise. The flowers will bloom again in spring. Life, death, and rebirth. That is nature's strength. That is its boundless beauty."

A large cherry blossom bloomed on the pink-orange floor.

"O queen, foremost among flowers, that visits spring, that breaks the winter frosts with clouds of pink, that ephemeral beauty whose name is purity, is kindness, is transience. Your petals are fleeting, but fill the spring like sun in summer, leaves in autumn, snow in winter. They are immortal in memory, for none forget the awe your timeless beauty brings. Bring me victory with the spring! Talaya, Princess of Cherry Blossoms!"

The largest blossom unfurled its petals, revealing an elegant maiden and a set of piercing purple eyes. She wore an outfit inspired by Japanese attire, an elegant dress and detached kimono sleeves held by golden arm bracelets outfitted with large cherry blossom motifs. Murasaki's final monster unfurled her fan and pointed it at the proctor.

GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Screen11

"Summer, fall, winter, spring... Nature will flourish despite everything else, but spring is the time where everything is in full bloom. Talaya is the strongest monster in my deck. For each Plant monster I control, she gains 100 attack points! But that doesn't matter too much here. Talaya, attack!"

With the slightest motion, Talaya waved her fan. A howling gale brought a storm of petals upon the instructor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:22 pm

The proctor's lifepoints dropped to 0, leaving the duel in Murasaki's victory. As the duel ended, the holographic images faded away.

"Well done. You displayed the expected basic ability and instinct," the proctor stated as they walked toward Murasaki. "When you return your exam duel disc, make sure to remove all of your cards properly. You may wait in the spectator seats and await your final results. And here, a reward for winning the practical exam duel."

Duel Reward:

This card will help start your academic career, assuming you're accepted," the proctor stated. "Either way, you have plenty of potential. Good luck."
Back to top Go down
Yes

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:49 am

"Hey, you can stand to say that you're impressed, you know?" Murasaki held her hand out in a 'V' as she accepted her card. She removed all of her cards, shuffled her deck again, and returned it to her side holster. When her hands were free, she set them to the side and bowed towards the proctor.

"Thanks for the match! Good game."

And with that, Murasaki was off!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial   GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GAME START! Murasaki Maeda's Trial
Page 1 of 1