Duelist Academia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A casual Yu-Gi-Oh RPG board

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Empty
PostSubject: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:37 pm

Like a steady flow of traffic, kids walk up and down the stairwell from the bystander seats to the area below and along the corridor that seems to circle the stadium. The people that walked along had a mix of different expressions from fear, sadness, excitement, and pride. Not necessarily in equal degrees. As an entrant circled the wide hall, they'd pass by numbered gates until they come across the one marked on their ticket. Through it, a lady in a stewards uniform would be waiting with a poised and professional posture.

"Welcome. Please come this way this," the assistant would say. "Allow me to see your deck, please."

After receiving the deck, the woman would place the cards on a pedestal where a red light seemed to wash over it three times.

"Very good. Your deck meets basic standards. Please hold out your left arm."

Upon complying, the assistant pulls out a device.

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey 157br77

It appeared to be one of the older models. Despite being used for years for these exams, the device looked polished and well-tuned. The assistant placed it on the entrant's arm and spent a minute adjusting the fit until the metal brace fit snuggly around the forearm. It kept in place and held tight but wasn't uncomfortable. The entrant's deck was placed in the duel disc and they would be guided towards a pair of doors that opened on their own, letting in bright vibrant lights as they were led into an open field.

~~~~~

When Chang entered the duel field, a test proctor would be standing at the other end to greet her. She was a woman with short brown hair wearing a black suit and tie like all the others. On her arm was another standard duel disc.

"Caihong Chang?" the woman asked. "Very good. We will begin your practical exam. You will be tested on basic skill and abilities as well as performance on the field. Please understand that meeting victory conditions will count towards a large percentage of your final score. Please try your best.Take position, if you will."

When Caihong would step up to the mark on the floor, the proctor would press a button on her duel disc. Both devices would light up simultaneously. Each side had a life point counter holographically displaying 4000 LP each. Each duel disc pushed out five cards for each player to start with.

"I will begin," the female proctor announced. She drew her first card. She looked at it and at the cards on her hand thoughtfully. "First, I'll summon..."

"Silver Gadget."

The proctor placed a card on her duel disc. The round silver metal monster resembling a gear with arms appeared.

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey 120919_200w

"Silver Gadget summons a machine from my hand," the proctor explained. "I'll summon Ancient Gear Knight."

A humanoid mechanical monster the color of old stone emerged from a mass of light. In its arms it carried a lance and a shield in the shape of a large gear.

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey 26276_200w

"I'll also activate the spell card, Ancient Gear Drill."

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey 24887_200w

A large mechanical device appeared and Ancient Gear Knight grasped it and pressed the drillbit to the ground.

"Fist I'll discard a card," the test proctor stated, sliding an Ancient Gear Fist into the grave slot. "Next, Ancient Gear Drill will dig up a spell card directly from my deck and place it facedown on the field."

Just as the proctor stated, the drill dug into the ground and a facedown card was pulled up. With its job done, the drill shattered.

"That ends my turn," the proctor stated.

Caihong is faced with a pair of monsters and an unknown spell card before her turn began. She might recall that in a previous exam, a test proctor was shown using the quick-play spell card Limiter Removal. However, there was no telling if the face-down was that particular card.

For now, Caihong had to make her move, whether she was gonna lay an offensive or set up a defense. Her starting hand was open to a few options.

Caihong's hand:

There are a few options to go with. Now for Caihong's first draw.

Draw Phase:
Back to top Go down
https://duelist-academia.forumotion.com
Chidarake

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:27 pm

Caihong excitedly made her way to the exam spot marked on her ticket, ready to finally kick things into gear. After slightly giggling at her own pun - the examiners all seemed to be using Ancient Gear decks from what she could tell before her turn came - she entered and presented her deck to the assistant. She noted that technology here must have advanced a lot further than back home if something like that could tell what was in her deck. She was even more surprised when some weird device that seemed to be for holding the cards was slapped onto her wrist; whatever happened to the good old table top?

Either way, she guessed it was something she'd have to get used to, as she walked up to face the examiner, giving the same bow she had given the other girls in her testing group and a nod when asked to confirm her name. She stepped up to her side of the arena, ready to rumble.

The pinging lights and cards shooting out the disk on her arm made her jump a bit, though.

After recovering and confirming her starting hand, she watched the examiner's opening moves before taking a moment to assess the situation. An unknown facedown, a gemini Ancient Gear - of course - and a gadget that would replace itself if she destroyed it. Fairly straightforward, and though it was tempting to try and get rid of both of them this turn, she remembered seeing a golden counterpart that could refill the field in an instant. Probably better to play it safer, especially after seeing the card she drew. Let the dance of the elements begin!

"During my Standby, I'll use Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy that spell card you searched out!" Caihong started, setting the card in the same slot on her disk that the examiner had set hers, a gust of wind blowing forward to shatter the unknown card, hopefully before it could do any harm.
Back to top Go down
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:53 pm

"Good move, but I was expecting that," the test proctor stated. Nothing happened as the wind struck the face down. The card shattered in its destruction. Then there was a rumbling, and an ashen cloud enveloped the ground. "You just destroyed the spell card, Ancient Gear Fortress!"

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Latest?cb=20170411220609

"With the fortress destroyed, you've unleashed one of its ancient protectors!" the test proctor took a card from her hand and slapped it on her duel disc. "Awaken! Ancient Gear Hydra!"

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Latest?cb=20170411220210

From the dust, a giant monster that looked like a mechanical dragon that embodied the mistake of wearing mismatched shoes and different colored socks emerged!

The multiheaded beast let out a series of mismatched mechanical sounds like a choir group of tone-deaf people that speak different languages. It displayed an ATK of 2700, making it stronger than anything else on the field!
Back to top Go down
Chidarake

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:40 pm

Caihong's hand was reaching for another card, but stopped as she let out a small choking noise, not expecting her safety plan to backfire. Although, after reading the effect and defense of the monster that was summoned, her confident smile came back to her face. Well, that changes the plan a bit, but it's nothing she couldn't handle.

"Bring it on! I'll activate Reinforcement of the Army, adding Elementsaber Molehu to my hand! Come on out, warrior of darkness!" She said, grabbing the ejected card and immediately placing it into one of the slots on the disk for monsters in attack mode. A knight in black armor appeared, wielding a scythe as large as his body that seemed shrouded in a black aura. He had a useful effect, but based on the cards in her hand, Caihong wanted to hold off on it for a bit. For now, one of the problems had to go - preferably the one that didn't replace itself.

"Molehu takes out that knight of yours!" she said, pointing at the Ancient Gear Knight as her monster seemed to step forward and disappear, reappearing behind the mechanical knight and slicing it in half with ease using his scythe. It would only do 100 damage to the proctor, but for now she was in a safe position - it helped that there was only 1 card left in the proctor's hand, so the chances of it being something to stop her were slim.

"I'll set one card face down and it's back to you, examiner!" Caihong exclaimed, setting her own Spiritual Light Art down. A bluff for sure, seeing as she couldn't use it at all right now, but the examiners seemed wary of stuff like that, so it might make her opponent second guess herself.

Now she just needed to wait for the right moment to set off her real trap.
Back to top Go down
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:07 pm

"Impressive," the proctor commented. "But you'll need more than that. Draw!"

"I'll activate, Ancient Gear Castle!"

from a cloud of dust and smoke, walls and turrets rose from the ground until a massive structure stood behind her.

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Latest?cb=20170411220628

"Ancient Gear Castle increases all of my Ancient Gear Monsters' ATK by 300" the proctor explained. Just as she stated, Hydra's ATK displayed, shooting from 2700 to 3000. "I also activate Ancient Gear Workshop!"

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Latest?cb=20170411220638

"I'm bringing back Ancient Gear Knight and summoning it immediately!"

From behind the castle walls, a figure lept out and landed with a heavy thud right next to the Hydra. Ancient Gear Knight Brandished its lance and shield, ready for revenge, its single red eye flashing like that one movie about a killer future android. It's ATK shot from 1800 to 2100.

The moment Knight entered, one of the Castle's giant gears started to turn.

"Let me guess. You were hoping to use your monster's effect to stop my hydra?" the proctor asked aloud. "Sorry, but you're about to lose your lead. You should've taken out my Gadget."

The woman gestured to Silver Gadget with a nod. "Thanks to Ancient Gear Fortress, I'm not able to special summon monsters aside from Ancient Gears on the same turn its effects occurs. So Gadget wouldn't have been able to use its ability and I would've been down a monster. However, choosing a monster that could potentially defend against Hydra and simultaneously destroy it next turn is good forethought. Now, let's see how you defend against this. Ancient Gear Knight!"

The proctor's knight marched forward and rushed towards Molehu with its lance in front.

"Time to make a choice, kid!" the proctor called out.
Back to top Go down
Chidarake

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:36 am

Caihong's face slightly turned red at the examiner's comments, causing her to lower her arms and bark back at her. "Oh come on, you think I should've expected your only two cards to be revival AND a power up? Besides, even if I'd picked that gadget, you probably would've just summoned an Ancient Gear Gadget or something!" she called back, not even sure if such a card existed, but at least wanting to get the woman off her high perch.

As the Knight advanced, though, she slapped her cheeks before grabbing the Elementsaber Malo'o out of her hand and pitching it into the graveyard slot. "Either way, I'm not letting that Hydra touch me! Molehu, throw it into darkness!" she called out, as her monster pointed its scythe at the Hydra, the dark aura around it shooting out and enveloping the mechanical beast, disappearing to show the monster now in facedown defense position. His job done, the warrior turned back towards his attacker calmly poised to face its attacker.
Back to top Go down
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:28 pm

With a single thrust, Ancient Gear Knight strike and its spear went through Molehu. The losing monster dispersed into dust and disappeared from the field. Caihong's life points decreased by 200, leaving her at 3800.

"Good, you made the optimal choice," the proctor stated. "But now Silver Gadget gets a turn! Go!"

The silver gear-shaped robot scurried across the field on its short legs, winding back one of its stubby arms. It threw a punch at Caihong that would only pass through like nothing. However, Caihong's lifepoints rapidly went down to 2300.

"As you can see, I have no cards left in my hand," the proctor stated, fanning open her hand to demonstrate. "So I have no more moves left to make. I end my turn."

With that, Caihong was prompted to draw her next card. When she pulled from the top of her deck, it was--

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey 33187_200w
Back to top Go down
Chidarake

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:07 pm

Caihong winced as her monster fell, then tensed up as the gadget marched towards her, relaxing only once it had phased through her, proving it wasn't solid. The damage sucked, but at least there was a chance to recover. After drawing her card, though, she clicked her tongue slightly. It could finish her setup, but she needed one final piece...

After taking a moment to consider her options, Caihong finally set her newly drawn card into another slot, as well as placing another monster, this time facedown. "I set these two cards and end my turn," she said, silently begging her deck for one of the cards she needed.
Back to top Go down
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:26 am

"Hmmm..."

The test proctor hummed thoughtfully as she drew her next card. She looked at it and frowned. Was she hoping for a particular card?

"Silver Gadget! Switch to defense position!"

Her silver monster took a knee and and crossed their arms, keeping their heads low.

"I'll flip Ancient Gear Hydra back to attack mode!" The proctor stated. The shadows dispersed from her facedown monster and it flipped back up and from a funnel of dust and smoke, Ancient Gear Hydra reentered the field.

"Time to attack!" The proctor stated. "Ancient Gear Hydra, launch!"

The mechanical hydra let out a gargled roar and stomped forward. The three heads fell down and made an attack on Caihong's facedown monster!
Back to top Go down
Chidarake

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:12 am

Caihong's hand hovered near her newly placed trap as the proctor began her turn, but she relaxed it once the gadget was switched into defense mode. Well, as long as she was playing it safe, there was a chance. Of course, she could play it safe... but then there'd be hardly any chance at all. No, Caihong was going to have to risk it. This wasn't the right time to activate her trap.

So, as the Hydra attacked, Caihong could only watch as the form of a goggle-wearing warrior - her Altitude Knight - was shattered. She then turned to look at the Ancient Gear Knight, slightly annoyed at the fact that the castle was in play; the 300 attack boost from that castle would let it break right through any monster she could summon.

So she steeled herself and waited for the incoming attack, willing to bet her last 200 life points on drawing a way to get her field spell.
Back to top Go down
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:39 pm

"Ancient Gear Knight! Attack!"

The mechanical lancer charged and twisted its body, swinging wide, smashing its shield against Cheong only for it to harmlessly pass through. Her life points went down to 200 putting her dangerously in the red. However, The proctor has no more monsters in attack.

"With the battle over, I will normal summon... Ancient Gear Knight!" The proctor's knight was enveloped in a pillar of light and its red eye glowed menacingly. The proctor paused as if waiting for a response. When none came, she nodded. "I end my turn."

It seemed the proctor was suspicious of Cheong's face-down and was caution of it having a either a battle or summoning trigger. In any case, the proctor's cautiousness gave Cheong one more move. But will she be one card short of a win? Only her next move will tell.

Dura!:
Back to top Go down
Chidarake

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:06 am

Caihong took the attack and kept watching, noticing the proctor glance toward her face down card as she summoned another Knight. With a slight breath of relief, Caihong waited for the tell tale words before making her move. "Sorry, but the timing you were waiting for is at your End Phase! I activate Reinforce Truth!" Caihong called out, interrupting the proctor's words declaring her turn's completion as her card flipped up and let out a burst of light. "It lets me summon a level two or lower Warrior from my deck, at the cost of this turn's Battle Phase... sure is a shame I don't have one this turn to give! Come on out, Elementsaber Makani!" she called out, the light dispersing to reveal a female warrior in green armor appeared, a grin on her face as she toyed with a longsword while Caihong placed the appropriate card on her disk. It was an all or nothing gamble at this point...

"My turn starts!" Caihong said, almost ripping the top card off of her deck. One glance was all it took for her to immediately use it. "Terraforming! I get to add any field spell I wish from my deck to my hand! I choose Palace of the Elemental Lords and activate it!" she said excitedly, a smile growing on her face. Exactly what she needed. Pillars erupted around the sides of the field, three on each side, and what appeared to be a large white temple formed behind her. "This temple's pretty special! For starters, for each different attribute in my grave, my monsters gain 200 attack and defense!" Caihong said, gesturing at the pillars. Three of them had flames light on top of them, colored green, black and red, and the light from the flames seemed to focus onto Caihong's side of the field. "Next, I'll use it's second effect! Once per turn, at the cost of my next turn's battle, I can add an Elementsaber from my deck to my hand! I'm going to add Lapauila Mana!" she cried, pulling the card that her deck automatically pushed out towards her and placing it in attack mode; this time

"Continuing on! Try not to let the dancing elements confuse you! I'll start by using the final effect of the palace! Once per turn, I can use an Elementsaber's effect by sending cards from the deck to the graveyard instead of my hand! So, by sending Aina and Lapauila to the grave... I summon Lapauila Mana! Since I sent an Earth and a Light, my monsters cannot be destroyed by battle, and cannot be targeted by effects!" she exclaimed, pausing as she pulled the appropriate cards out of her deck before placing down the card she had added earlier, a large knight in yellow armor flowing with electricity appearing from the temple. Two more pillars lit up, this time shining an earthen brown and a bright white. But Caihong was far from done. "Now I use Makani's effect, sending Nalu from my hand to the grave to add an Elemental Lord to my hand!" she continued, sending the last card in her hand to the grave just to replace it with another from her deck. The final pillar lit with a gentle blue flame. However, it didn't stay long - all of the flames except for the green and the white one seemed to disappear, though the white one grew until it seemed ready to burst. The real show was starting now, as indicated by Caihong bringing her right foot up to meet her left knee, and raised her arms as if reaching for the sky.

"With the effects of my Elementsabers in the grave, I change their attribute to Light - totaling five! And now..." she said, pausing slightly as she whirled her arms until her left was pointed behind her, and her right, along with the card, pointed at the proctor - the brightest smile she'd shown all day lighting her face. "Oh guardian of the heavens, accept my offering of light to descend upon this land and smite my enemy with your furious thunder! I special summon Phosphorage the Elemental Lord!" she cried, slapping the card down to her disk as she crossed her arms. From the white flame burst forth a gigantic yellow winged creature, its body crackling with numerous streaks of lightning that seemed to dance around it.

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Tumblr_panepdJcgt1rie4kjo1_r1_500

"Phosphorage's effect activates! Every monster on your side of the field is destroyed!" Caihong exclaimed, dropping her pose before pointing directly at the proctor. The lightning that surrounded her new monster shot out, a bolt aimed at each monster on the woman's side of the field. The gadget was likely to summon another, but with her monsters currently boosted by 400 attack, jumping to 1200 when her turn ended, Caihong felt she had finally turned the tables.
Back to top Go down
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:46 pm

All of the proctor's monsters dispersed into dust with each strike of lightning. The proctor looked at the events and nodded thoughtfully.

"When Silver Gadget is destroyed, I can summon another Gadget monster straight from the deck," the proctor stated. "I choose Gold Gadget in defense mode."

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey 120920_200w

Back to top Go down
Chidarake

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:59 am

Caihong nodded as the new Gadget appeared. Now it was just a question of whether or not anything new would be popping out of this one as well. "Lapauila Mana, destroy that new gadget!" Caihong ordered, her yellow knight brandishing his sword before taking one step, and then slicing through Gold Gadget with the speed of a lightning bolt. He then immediately sheathed his sword and hopped back to his position, the electricity from his armor seeming to not only join with that from Phosphorage, but also envelop Makani as well.
Back to top Go down
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Lines slowly appeared along the gadget's metal body, crackling with sparks of electricity, before the mechanical monster exploded. When the dust cleared, a new monster appeared.

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey 300?cb=20170411220132

"Gold Gadget brings in back-up when it's destroyed," the proctor stated. "Here is Ancient Gear Gadget taking defensve position."
Back to top Go down
Chidarake

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:03 pm

"Aha! I knew it! I knew there was an Ancient Gear Gadget!" Caihong yelled out as the monster was summoned, but she quickly coughed to regain her composure and pointed at her largest monster. "Phosphorage attacks to destroy it! After that, I'll switch Makani to defense position and end my turn," Caihong said, the green knight kneeling and crossing her arms in front of her. With what would effectively be two extra turns since she couldn't battle during her next one, the proctor would have a chance at summoning a high level monster to hit Makani for the last chunk of life she had left - at least in defense, only monsters with piercing would be able to do that.

As the turn shifted back to the proctor, the flames on the temple went back to normal, the white one returning to its proper size as the other four re-lit themselves. All of Caihong's monsters now had 1200 more attack and defense than their printed values, thanks to having every attribute in her graveyard.
Back to top Go down
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:46 pm

The proctor hummed thoughtfully, rubbing their chin. "Impressive. But you've left yourself open for a counterattack. Let's see how this goes. I'll draw."

The proctor glanced at their new card briefly.

"That'll work. I summon Ancient Gear Wyvern!"

A winged mechanical monster appeared, clanking and groaning as it hovered in the air.

"Ancient Gear Wyvern lets me add an ancient gear card straight to my hand. So I choose... Ancient Gear Hunting Hound!"

The proctor pulled out a new card from their deck and showed it to Caihong. A display was shown on the entrant's duel disc that showed the card's stats and abilities.

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Latest?cb=20170823084401

"You should've laid your defenses better," the proctor stated. "Since you can't attack next turn, even if my Wyvern isn't strong enough to stand up to any of your monster, on my next turn I'll inflict damage using Hunting Hound's effect. You won't be able to afford that."

The proctor wagged a finger and tutted. "That was a nice move, I'll admit. Sadly, it's not enough to pass this practical exam. I hear Heartland Academy has a decent program though."

Caihong's duel disc flashed, indicating the start of her turn. All she needs to do is draw. The next card can make or break this game for her. It's all up to this turn.

Caihong's Draw:
Back to top Go down
Chidarake

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:21 am

Caihong pouted and lightly stomped the ground before pointing at it. "Hey, I did what I could considering I had to face a giant hydra from my first turn! Which I would've dealt with if you didn't draw exactly what you needed in order to stop me from doing so! Ugh..." she said as her disk lit up and she drew her card.

At first, her expression was of surprise, then she closed her eyes before putting on a soft smile, much unlike her bright grin from before, and reopened them. "Though you do know what they say. A duel isn't over until someone's life hits zero. The flow of a duel changes with every card... and it seems like it's shifted back in my direction this time," she said, slowly raising a finger to the blue flame as she spoke. "Elementsaber effects! This time, all of them will become Water attribute." she said calmly, as this time all the flames except for the green one went out and fed the blue one until it erupted to a massive size.

"Your choice of counterattack wasn't strong enough, proctor," Caihong said, mimicking the examiner's voice, tut, and even the finger wag. "You had two chances to finish me off. Now, by wasting a precious search card like your Wyvern on another monster, it's been reduced to one. Don't worry about the misplay though - I hear Heartland Academy has some job openings!" she continued, calling out the last part before bending her knees, her arms crossed and grasping each other.

"Oh serpent of the seven seas, accept my offering of water to crash onto this land and sink my enemy with your raging tidal wave! I special summon Moulinglacia the Elemental Lord!" Caihong cried out, weaving her arms back and forth as she stood back up before placing the card on her disk and sweeping them forward. From the blue flame a large white and blue armored serpent surrounded by streams of flowing water crashed forth, immediately shooting an aquatic bullet aimed directly at the proctor's hand before taking its spot next to Makani.

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Moulinglacia_the_elemental_lord_by_yugi_master-dcf4xdy

"Moulinglacia's effect! When it's special summoned, it discards two random cards from your hand - or in a case like this where you have two or less, your entire hand!" she said, finishing her gestures with another dramatic point at the proctor, her smile having grown a small bit larger. She was probably going to regret mouthing back at her examiner, but damn if it didn't feel good. Besides, it was much like water to mirror a person and show them for what they are... at least, that's how she justified it to herself.

"Since I have no battle phase this turn, I can't attack. However! I now have two level 8 Elemental Lords on the field! So rather than go ahead and end my turn, I'll go ahead and take those defensive precautions you were talking about!" Caihong yelled, her expression and voice becoming chipper once more. "Using both of my level 8 monsters, I construct the overlay network!" she cried out, raising her right arm as a vortex appeared in the center of the field, both of her Lords turning into shining orbs before being absorbed by the vortex that then seemed to shrink before exploding into a blinding burst of light. "Great lords of heaven and ocean, combine your strengths to bring forth the guardian of purity! XYZ summon, rank 8! Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand!" she called, lowering her arm as a dragonic knight clad in pure white armor descended, brandishing a large curved blade.

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey E3bdda41739f831c71e6cc22d89e15f86c982ae5_00

"And with that, I'll end my turn. Good luck with your next draw, for it will truly decide the duel," Caihong said, holding her right hand diagonally in front of her before placing her left hand against it as a fist and bowing slightly towards the exam proctor. As the flames returned to normal, all of her monsters once again received the full power boost - however, Lapauila Mana's protective shield only extended towards Makani, meaning that Felgrand was open to being destroyed by battle or being targeted by card effects, unlike the other two.
Back to top Go down
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:27 am

The proctor smirked and nodded as they slid the remainder of their hand to the grave.

"Very good. The best way to keep a monster out of play is to prevent it from being summoned. And you've successfully performed an XYZ summon. Very interesting. My turn."

The proctor drew their next card and looked at it thoughtfully. "Ah, but let's see if you know how to use your XYZ monster."

The proctor slid their remaining card onto the disc.

"I activate the spell card, Snatch Steal!"

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey 8LdGuWd

I target your Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand!"
Back to top Go down
Chidarake

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Caihong stood confidently, fairly certain that she was set to deal with anything her opponent could possibly draw and throw at her.

And then the proctor played Snatch Steal. She even had the gall to ask if she knew how to use her own monster. Well yeah, of course she did, or she wouldn't even have summoned it! Did she know how HER own cards worked?! Regardless, she'd play along for now.

"I chain by detaching Moulinglacia to use Felgrand's effect, targeting itself. Until the end of the turn, his effects are negated, but he is unaffected by any other card effects," Caihong said in a monotone voice as if she was just going through the motions. She then turned her gaze back to the proctor, a slightly annoyed look on her face. "So, what now?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:29 pm

"Very good, you responded appropriately," the proctor stated as they sent their card to the grave. "What's the matter? You seem to have lost your energy."

The proctor picked up their ancient gear wyvern card and placed it back on the disc sideways. The monster curled up and folded its wings in front.

"Don't take it personally now. Remember, this isn't just a duel, this is a test. We need to see what you are able to do during such situations. Now..."

The proctor extended an arm and gestured towards Caihong.

"Let's see what you got. Show me a fabulous move."

Caihong's Draw:
Back to top Go down
Chidarake

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:56 am

Caihong sighed and shrugged as the proctor pointed out her change in attitude, pointing at the graveyard slot on her own duel disk. The proctor would notice that her own was producing an error alert and spitting the card back out. "Because I know how my Dragon Knight works. Just because I made him unaffected doesn't mean he's no longer a legal target. The equip spell just sits there until something changes, which during the end phase, it does," she said, watching as her monster was whisked away to the examiner's field before turning to face its former master. Caihong's turn then started, and after looking at the card - and gaining 1000 life due to Snatch Steal - she immediately placed it in a slot.

"Well, you want a show, then you'll get one! I use The Warrior Returning Alive to bring Elemental Aina back from the graveyard to my hand, but she won't be here long - I'm sending her right back so that Makani can fetch her master!" she exclaimed, catching the card that was almost completely ejected from her deck. "Elementsabers, Earth attribute!" she called out, as this time the brown flame was fed by all but the green one, swelling to an enormous size. She then knelt down again, this time spreading her arms straight out to her sides. "Oh beast of stone, accept my offering of earth to emerge upon this land and crush my enemy with your tumultuous avalanche! I special summon Elemental Lord Grandsoil!" she cried, rising to her feet and raising her arms just above her head before throwing them down towards the ground as a large beast clad in dark brown and gold armor surrounded by countless pieces of rock emerged from the brown flame.

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey GrandsoilLord

"Grandsoil's effect! I can special summon a monster from either player's graveyard! And nothing would be more poetic than to end this duel with our special guest - Ancient Gear Hydra!" Caihong finished, raising her arm as the mechanical monster emerged from the ground at Grandsoil's side.

Thanks to her field spell, all her monsters were still gaining 400 extra attack - an effect Felgrand would normally be able to stop, if not for Lapauila Mana shielding her Element monsters. Hydra's boost could be stopped, but once they checked the math, anyone could see it wouldn't be enough to prevent the inevitable. "Makani, to attack mode! Grandsoil! Destroy Dragon Knight Felgrand and bring him back where he belongs! she ordered, her Elemental Lord calling upon a giant bolder to crush the dragon, bringing the proctor to 3500 life and officially sending Snatch Steal to the grave. "Lapauila Mana! Clear the path!" Caihong continued, and once again her yellow knight cleaved through the proctor's defensive monster like a lightning bolt. "Makani, direct attack!" came the next order, and the purple armored warrior leaped forward to slice through the examiner before doing a backwards handspring and floating back towards her spot on a small gust of wind - the proctor now sat at 1800 life, much less than the attack of the last monster on Caihong's field. "With this, we bring things to a wrap. Ancient Gear Hydra, let's bury this exam! Attack! she called out, the Hydra stomping forward before bringing all three heads down on the woman.

Her life point counter now read 0, and Caihong couldn't help but throw a fist in the air and let out a victory cry.
Back to top Go down
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:00 pm

When the duel came to a close, the holographic images faded away, leaving an empty field again. The proctor on the opposite end clapped slowly and nodded.

"Well done. You responded appropriately to each circumstance and performed splendidly," she stated. "Assuming your written exam has an adequate score, I'm sure your acceptance into the academy is assured."

The proctor slowly walked towards Caihong.

"Now, when you return the exam duel disc to the lady at the gate, remember to remove your deck properly. You may return to the spectator seats and wait until we announce your overall results."

The proctor reached into her pocket and lifted a card towards Caihong.

"As reward for winning the practical duel exam, you may have this card to help start off your academic career."

Duel Reward:

"Good luck. and remember to have fun."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey   GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GAME START! Caihong Chang's Journey
Page 1 of 1