HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sunnivale

Sunnivale

GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:23 am

"YES!" Yuriko yelped. It seems as though things were going her way as she managed to kill the Proctor's monster by choosing the other ability that her Dragon had. Unfortunately for her, the battle was not over, as there was now the Ultimate Gear Golem to deal with. Yuriko gulped.

Fortunately, there was a way to avoid the monster's upcoming attack. If she fails, then her monster will die...And she will die...In the game. Not in real life or else this exam was going to be hit by a lot of police investigations, but she needed to find a way to avoid the attack.

Worried, she tried to think of an answer.

"Uhh. Defence?" Yuriko guessed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:44 am

Mystletainn took a knee and crossed its arms over its chest.

"Hmph. Well it's a step forward from before," the proctor scoffed. "True, usually one of the best approaches when dealing with a strong monster is to take a defensive formation, however in this case it was a poor decision."

The proctor pointed at his Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem.

"My Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem has what is called a piercing ability," the proctor stated. "You see, when a monster in defense position is destroyed in battle, the owner doesn't take damage normally. However, when my Golem attacks, you takes the difference in my golem's ATK and your dragon's DEF as damage regardless."

The proctor crossed his arms and stared down Yuriko sternly with the same grizzled expression he had the entire exam.

"Pop Quiz. My Golem's ATK minus your Mystletainn's DEF. Subtract the result from your current lifepoints of 2400. How much would you be left with?"

The proctor raised a hand, wiping it back against his bald scalp and groaned.

"Now, think hard. What other move can you accomplish?" the proctor asked. "Here's a hint, as long as you can perform the costs or prerequisites, monsters can use their abilities as many times in one turn unless their card text says otherwise."

He tapped a finger against his temple.

"Think carefully now. This is your last chance. Everything you need is already on the field."

Mystletainn in defense mode.
Legionairre in attack mode.
Dragunity Aklys sitting in the spell zone equipped to Legionaire.

Will Yuriko know what to do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://duelist-academia.forumotion.com
Sunnivale

Sunnivale

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Yuriko remained quiet until it was time for her to make an important choice. This choice could result in her fate in this battle. She looked at her three dragons that she has and had to make a decision on what to do. After thinking for a few moments, she looked back at the Proctor.

"I choose...To have Legionnaire send Aklys into the graveyard zone again." Yuriko commanded before smirking. "Which means I can allow Aklys to destroy one monster!" Yuriko revealed before smiling.

"And that monster, will be you're Golem...Since it's the only thing i'm facing right now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:02 pm

Legionaire let out a hyped screech like the call of a falcon, leaping high and winding back its arm holding Aklys. The bird monster hurled the red spear and soaring over the air, Aklys lodged itself into the golem's shell. The large golem let out an angry roar before it ignited and exploded.

The proctor smirked and clapped his hands slowly.

"So you are capable of learning. Keep it up and maybe one day you'll be as good as..."

The smoke began to clear and a single menacing eye glowed from within.

".... a beginner."

GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Latest?cb=20120420194652

"When Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem is destroyed, it calls backup from the grave. The original Ancient Gear Golem!"

The new monster let out a malevolent growl, raising its powerful arms as it glared down at Yuriko's monsters. While it's not as big as the Ultimate one, it's ATK points were displayed at 3000, making it significantly stronger than anything else on the field.

"And it seems you're out of dragunity cards to use as ammunition," the proctor pointed out.

Legionaire took a step back, staring up at the mechanical behemoth.

The only cards remaining in Yuriko's hand were Dragonic Knight and Monster Reincarnation. Right now, neither of those were going to be of any use.

"Well? Anything left, kid?" the grizzled-looking proctor asked.
Back to top Go down
Sunnivale

Sunnivale

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Yuriko was in shock in that she had managed to take down the Golem. She was in so much shock that she didn't hear the latest insult coming from Proctor.

She slowly turned towards him just as he ended his sentence. "Huh? Yes. I am a Beginner." Yuriko informed the man as the next monster coming from him soon appeared.

It was another Golem, although it was bigger and more powerful then the last Golems that Yuriko had faced. She gulped as she was asked what she was going to do now.

She looked at Legionnaire and Mystletainn, the only two dragons that she had in the field now. She had to make a decision quickly in order to defeat the Golem and perhaps win this match and pass the exam!

"I choose..." Yuriko contemplated once more...And then she got an idea.

"I choose to have Aklys be taken out of the graveyard so he can be equipped with Mystletainn!" Yuriko revealed her next move. She hoped this idea was going to work and that she may have to prepare herself for the Proctor's next turn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:43 pm

Nothing happened.

The proctor sighed and shook his head in dismay. "One step forward, then two steps back."

The grizzled man crossed his arms and pushed up his sunglasses.

"Monsters and other cards can only be taken out of the graveyard by a card effect," he explained. "You can't just pull a card out without one. Right now, all you have access to is what's on your field and what''s in your hand."
Back to top Go down
Sunnivale

Sunnivale

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:18 pm

Yuriko realised that nothing was happening. "Why isn't anything happening? I did everything right." She looked around, hoping something happened. There was nothing and she looked back at the Proctor who informed her of her mistake.

Yuriko sighed, it looks like the only thing that she can do right now is finish her turn. "Well then. For my next action, I choose to end my turn!" She revealed as she waited for the Proctor's turn to begin.

And gulped in the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:38 pm

The proctor grunted and drew his next card in silence. He barely even looked at his hand. He barely eye-contact with Yuriko. With his muscular frame, suit, and sunglasses, he looked like a secret service terminator about to sick a two-story tall robot at the small girl.

"... Oi," he barked out, directing Yuriko's attention like a drill sergeant. "Why have you not perform a synchro summoned?"

He crossed his arms like an extremely mean genie and glowered at Yuriko, putting the duel at a halt to speak to her.

"Dragunity cards work as a strong unit on their own, but they shine best through their synchro monsters," he stated. "... Wait, don't tell me you don't know how to do that either?"

The proctor raised his palms to the air and shook his head.

"Great. First you don't know how to compare attack points or the difference between battle positions or how the bleeding graveyard works, now this? Why did I even bother coming out here?"

The proctor was consistently harsh against Yuriko but he's been taking the time to teach and guide the young girl along. Thinking about it, most proctors would've failed someone like Yuriko a long time ago and moved on. Why was this action movie villain looking man's investing so much time on Yamashita?

"Che," he clicked his tongue, putting his hands on his hips and letting out a dry sigh. "When your brother enrolled, he showed me much more talent and promise."
Back to top Go down
Sunnivale

Sunnivale

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:31 am

Yuriko prepared for the next move, when the Proctor didn't do anything. "What's wrong. Why haven't you done anything?" Yuriko asked the Proctor when he asked if she knew about Synchro monsters. She simply shook her head which seemed to get the Proctor angry, causing Yuriko to gulp.

"So you can battle me in the hope that I can pass this exam?" Yuriko provided the man with an answer to his question. He then spoke about Yuriko's brother. He had more talent and promise then Yuriko has which caused Yuriko to look sad and cause her lip to quiver.

But then she clenched her teeth and looked back at the Proctor.

"No." She snapped back. "I am not like my brother. I'm his sister, someone whos different then him and new to this system. Because of that, I may not know about these syncho monsters, or the graveyard zone, but I am here to pass this exam. I will try my best to pass no matter what!" Yuriko spoke back at the man.

"Now start you're turn!" Yuriko shouted, before lowering her voice.

"Please?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:09 pm

"Che," the proctor clicked his tongue and shook his head. "So you really are his sister eh..."

The man went silent for a bit. His large hand raised up to his face and he pulled off his shades, pinching the bridge of his nose for a second before putting his spectacles back on and standing straight.

The large man thrusts a hand in Yuriko's direction and shouted loudly.

"Then if I didn't kick you around, that boy would be disappointed!" he declared. "Ancient Gear Golem, attack Dragunity Arma Mystletainn! Mechanized Melee!"

The golem let out a loud roar and stomped forward, shaking the field with each heavy heavy. It raised its fully armored arm and swung down, smashing the dragon warrior under its giant fist.

"Ancient Gear Golem inflicts the difference between its ATK points and your destroyed defending monster's DEF points as damage to your life points!"

The shockwave from the collision of the golem's fist to the ground would blow against Yuriko like a torrent. Her life points would drop down to 900 making her dangerously low.

"Let me tell ya something, girl," the grizzled man barked, "Your written test was below average and your performance so far is weak and sloppy! The only way you'll reach a passing grade at this point is to perform a synchro summon and win!"

The proctor pulled one of the cards in his hand and raised it high up.

"Now watch and learn, girl!" the proctor announced. "I summon the tuner monster, Quick-Span Knight!"

GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 58145_200w

a small mechanical dwarf hopped onto the field, raising an adjustable wrench high like a sword. Standing next to the colossal golem, it looked extremely unthreatening.

"Remember how cards have their effects printed on the card text at the bottom?" the proctor asked rhetorically. "In the same box, each monster is also labeled with type they are. For example, my Ancient Gear Golem is a Machine/Effect monster!

"Now Quic-Span Knight might be a weak pint, but he's packing a powerful ability. In his card text, You can see that its a Machine/Tuner monster! Now try to keep up. I special summon Turbo Booster!"

GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Latest?cb=20080808232323

"Turbo Booster is able to special summon itself when I normal summon a monster, just as I did with Quick-Span Knight. Now as you can see, Turbo Booster does not have the Tuner keyword in its card text. That means its a non-tuner."

Despite boost monsters being significantly miniature in comparison to the golem, they stepped forward with determined expressions.

"Remember how card levels were explained earlier?" the proctor asked. "My Knight is a Lv 3 monster on top of being a tuner. My booster is a LV 1 monster. Now watch! I tune my LV 3 Quick-Span Knight with my Lv 1 Turbo Booster to synchro summon!"

The small knight glowed and dispersed into three rings of light. Turbo Booster flew to the sky. The three rings surrounded Turbo Booster and the small monster became transparent with a single glowing star in center.

"Tuner monsters are able to combining their level with the level of a non-tuner monster!" the proctor stated. "And by sending bot to the grave, I can synchro summon a monster with a level equal to the exact sum of their levels!"

3 + 1 = 4

Turbo Booster and the rings were enveloped by a great tower of white light and something emerged from within.

"I synchro summon LV 4 Armory Arm!" the proctor shouted.

GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Latest?cb=20141026141154

A single mechanical arm took the place of the two monsters, its crimson claws glistening in the light.

"When they combine their power, even weak monsters can become something amazing!" the man stated. "Dragunities aren't the only cards that can equip to each other! Armory Arm! Equip yourself to Ancient Gear Golem!"

The mechanical arm shot up and with a dynamic click, attached to the skeletal arm of Ancient Gear Golem. Golem's ATK points raised up to 4000!

"Armory Arm enhances a monster it equips to by 1000 ATK points!" The proctor explained. "And that's not all. When my golem equipped with Armory Arm destroys a monster, you take damage equal to your monster's ATK points!"

Brandishing its new devastating gauntlet, Ancient Gear Golem let out a howling roar.

"One more thing. See, when Quick SpanKnight is used to synchro summon a monster, it lowers the ATK points of one of your monsters by 500!"

Just as he said it, Dragunity Legionaire's ATK dropped from 1200 to 700.

"Whether you put your monsters in attack or defense, if my golem attacks again, you're dead!" the proctor stated. "This is your last chance, girl!"

This was it. Yuriko's last chance to bring this duel in. The proctor gave her a warning. The only way to bring this around is to synchro summon. If she checked her extra deck, she will find that her deck has a synchro monster, but will she be able to summon it? On her field was a lone Dragunity Legionaire. In her hand was Dragonic Knight and Monster reincarnation. She needed a tuner monster. Her duel disc prompted her to draw a card.

Destiny Draw:

Back to top Go down
Sunnivale

Sunnivale

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:30 pm

Yuriko looked at the monsters on the field now and then listened to the Proctor as she gulped. This was her last chance to win the duel and she needed to Synchro summon a monster, but how? That was when her deck began to beep, causing Yuriko to look down at her deck to see that there was another card added in her deck.

"Huh?" She looked back at the Legionnaire and gulped as she swiped her next card. "I uhh, summon Darkspear." She revealed as she summoned the dragon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:47 pm

As Yuriko played her newest card, a small black dragon appeared. Its head resembled something like a large spearhead.

GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Latest?cb=20120427101726

Its ATK points displayed an even 1000 making it barely a quarter of the strength of the Gear Golem equipped with the Armory Arm. The dragon merely sat in place waiting.

"Oh?" the proctor muttered. He crossed his arms and waited expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Sunnivale

Sunnivale

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:07 am

When Yuriko saw the monsters she shrugged. "Might as well put my cards on the table and see what happens." Yuriko looked at Darkspear and then at Legionnaire. "Darkspear, tune Legionnaire and synchro summon Vajrayana!" Yuriko commanded as she thought about what was going to happen, if it happens. In her mind, she was worried that she was going to mess up again.

"Please work. Please work, please work!" She thought eagerly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:25 pm

Nothing happened for a while. The field was still and silent.

Then, Darkspear was enveloped in a white light and split into three stars that bloomed into rings floating into the sky. Legionaire spread its wings and leaped upwards, putting itself being the circling rings. The rings seem to go over it, reading it. Legionaire turned transparent and within were three shining stars. In a sudden burst, Legionaire was enveloped in a tower of light and a new monster emerged, entering the field was a grand roar.

GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Latest?cb=20120123235931

Vajayrana let out a threatening roar but the golem merely stood in place, unfazed. The great red dragon's ATK displayed 1900.

"Good, you successfully performed a synchro summon," the proctor stated. "However, you still need to win, and right now your dragon is a far cry from taking down my golem. Let's see if you know how to use your new monster."
Back to top Go down
Sunnivale

Sunnivale

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:16 pm

Yuriko thought long and hard as to what her next move will be. After a few minutes, Yuriko looked up at her monster and then back at the Proctor. "I know what to do. I'm going to use my monster's effect to bring back Aklys to the Graveyard." Yuriko revealed as she continued.

"Then...I'm going to send him back to the Graveyard. Not only to double Vajayrana's power, but to destroy your golem!" Yuriko seemed relaxed. She was hoping that Valys effect would work or if not, then she can have Vajayrana attack it if he had enough attack points thanks to Valys sacrifice...Again.

She looked down at her last two cards that she has on her before looking back at the Proctor.

Last edited by Sunnivale on Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Yuriko's plan.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:30 pm

Vajyrana roared. The winged warrior riding its back launched Aklys in the air and a bolt of lightning struck it, enveloping the dragon rider in energy. Its ATK points raised, counting up until it reached 3800! Then the red spear descended, its trajectory aimed towards Ancient Gear Golem!

The golem let out a roar as it was struck before both it and Armory Arm dispersed, and this time nothing spawned. The proctor's field was left wide open for an attack!

"Hmph" the man smirked. He opened his arms as if inviting the dragon over. "Very good. Now finish it!"
Back to top Go down
Sunnivale

Sunnivale

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:40 pm

Yuriko would look on amazed by the dragon's increase in power, which was just the right amount to defeat the Proctor once and for all and possibly pass the entrance exam. She smiled, realising that the fight might end in her favour. She raised her hands, pointed to the Proctor and yelled.

"Ok Vajyrana, finish off this fight attack the proctor's field!" Yuriko cheerfully ordered at the Dragon as she waited to see what will happen next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King-of-Games
Admin
King-of-Games

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:41 am

Vajyrana spread its wings and let out a gust of fire. The proctor stood in place as the flames descended on him and burst on impact. His life point counter came up, descending gradually until it reach 0.

However, before his life points were completely depleted, the Proctor emerged from the flames and right right pass Vajyrana, stepping towards Yuriko with rhythmic steps. By the time he was standing directly in front of her, the holographic images disappeared.

"Congratulations of completing the practical exams," he stated in a robotic tone. "You may wait in the spectator seats until your results are announced. Make sure to remove your deck before returning your examination duel disc to the attendant. Here is a reward for winning the practical exam."

Duel Reward:

"Right..." the proctor's tone was starting to return to normal. "Now that I got the standard spiel out...."

He clapped his his burly hands as loud as a pair of cymbals an inch away from Yuriko's face, like the thunderclap of a god demanding attention.

"That was the saddest display of skill and ability I've ever seen, girl!" he shouted loudly. "You had no idea how any of your cards worked, you barely have a grasp of basic rules, and you let most of your cards go to waste! Your brother could've synchro summoned three times and won in of two less turns. NO! He could've won in the second turn! Even a rookie could wipe you out! No one's gonna hold yer hand in a real duel if you keep up at this pathetic level!!"

The proctor breathed in a let out a tired sigh.

"Regardless..."

The proctor raise a large, rough hand reaching towards Yuriko. Those large, burly fingers that could wrap around her neck easily.... patted the top of her head gently.

"Your brother would be proud of you today," he muttered. "Work hard to make sure you don't waste what you got here today."

The large man aboutfaced and walked away without another word.
Back to top Go down
Sunnivale

Sunnivale

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:32 pm

As Yuriko was relieved when she saw that she had managed to finish off the Proctor and win the match. "Oh yes! I can't believe I won...No really. I'm in disbelief that I won." Yuriko was relieved. Hopefully she will pass the exam now.

However she screamed and fell back when a hologram appeared before her, telling her where to go next before vanishing. The Proctor then walked up to her and criticised her actions during the fight. "I know. But put it this way, I managed to win the battle. How many people you fought in this exam didn't win a battle against you? Even if I did get help." Yuriko sighed and watched as the Proctor left.

She decided to leave the battle as she removed her deck and walked back to the waiting rooms for the results of her battle. "Niisan, wherever you are, I hope you're safe. I'll find you sooner or later." She thought as she left the battle.

She then looked at her new card as she was leaving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge   GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GAME START! Yuriko Yamashita's Challenge
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2